PhD program in Industrial and environmental engineering
XXXII cycle - 2016/2017
|Position||20 position available - 11 scholarships|
|Director/Coordinator||prof. Paolo Tartarini|
|PhD website||» www.phd-enzoferrari.unimore.it/site/home.html|
|Nota||Six of the available places are reserved, as provided in the Call:|
- 4 are reserved for employees of the Companies specified in the Call (industrial doctorate).;
- 1 for candidates with scholarship of foreign States;
- 1 without scholarship for candidates with foreign degree.
Expiration date 30/06/2016 at 13:00|
Call for admission
|Final ranking||Published 27/09/2016|
Enrollment deadline 07/10/2016 at 11:00:00
ING-IND/08 (Fluid Machines), ING-IND/10 (Technical Physics), ING-IND/13 (Applied Mechanics for Machinery), ING-IND/14 (Mechanical Design and Machine Building), ING-IND/15 (Design and Methods for Industrial Engineering), ING-IND/16 (Production Technologies and Systems), ING-IND/22 (Science and Technology of Materials), ICAR/02 (Maritime Hydraulic Construction and Hydrology), ICAR/03 (Environmental and Health Engineering), ICAR/06 (Topography and Cartography), ICAR/08 (Construction Science), ICAR/09 (Construction Techniques), CHIM/07 (Foundations of Chemistry for Technologies)
Italian second level degree (laurea specialistica, under D.M. 509/99 or laurea magistrale, under D.M. 207/04) or Italian degree obtained prior to D.M. 13 509/99 or equivalent qualification obtained abroad.
More information available in the Call.
The course deals with subjects on Mechanical Engineering and Vehicle, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering. The educational objectives, common to all students, are: advanced training in the disciplines of the industrial and environmental engineering; education to the scientific and technological research; development of the attitude to international scientific cooperation; ability to interact with the industrial and economical district.
Starting with the present cycle XXXII, the course has been structured in two curricula: the first one has the same name of the entire PhD, the other is named Vehicle Engineering. This characterization of the territory responds to a specific need, and in particular industrial interest (local but not exclusively) aimed at in a specialist to deepen the research topics related to design and development of all vehicle components.
In particular, the PhD issues fall in the specific areas provided below.
For the Curriculum on Industrial and Environmental Engineering:
- Mechanical Engineering and Vehicle; issues on aspects related to the design of machines and systems, with particular reference to the skills associated with the thermodynamic, structural, technological, and functional aspects, and with thermal and structural optimization of the machines. - Civil and Environmental Engineering; issues on topics related to seismic design, energy efficiency, dynamics of pollutants, hydraulics, geomatics, waste management, etc..
- Materials Engineering; issues on aspects related to the design and characterization of new and high-performance materials, study of materials and technologies related to Biomechanics and Bioengineering, etc.
For the Curriculum on Vehicle Engineering:
- Issues on all aspects related to the design, optimization and testing of components of the vehicle and of their ensemble. Theoretical, numerical and experimental analysis of motor-related issues, chassis, power supply, transmission, etc. Detailed studies on side issues such as vibration, mechanical stress, comfort in the vehicle, etc.
Employment opportunities are many: they span from work in research institutions to employment within Italan and foreign companies. Research and development in Mechanical and Vehicle Engineering are widespread throughout Europe in relation to methods of design, production technology and plant systems, in fields ranging from mechanical processing automation and robotics to conversion and energy management. In particular, many automotive industries operate all around in the production of vehicles and their components. Engineers with high qualifications are also in great demand in the frame of the development of new materials and processes for ceramics, polymers, metals, alloys, glass and composites, biomedical materials. In Civil Engineering, markets concern the structures and infrastructures to service of civil society, with particular reference to the buildings’ safety and the monumental seismic risk. Competence is required for infrastructure projects such as railways, airports, bridges, aqueducts, geotechnical support containment, management of water resources, and mitigation of landslide risk. In the environmental sector, people with high qualification are required in the planning and management of infrastructure, environmental protection, development of technologies and systems for remote sensing, soil conservation, clean-up, recycling of materials and waste disposal.
Further information is available on the School's website at:
Three years (01/11/2016 - 31/10/2019)
The course venue is at Modena.