Italian Language Test
International students will be given an Italian language test, which takes place at the university, usually at the beginning of September. Students will be exempted from this test if they hold an internationally recognized language certification (e.g., CILS, CELI) deemed appropriate for studying in Italy at the university level, as indicated on the Study in Italy website
Italian for Foreign Students
The Language Center offers the following courses for prospective non-Italian students and for those already enrolled at UNIMORE.
- Intensive Italian Language Course
- The course is held at the beginning of each semester (September and February) and consists in a total of 30 hrs. of coursework.
- Regular Italian Language Courses
- The courses consist in a total of 60 hours per semester: 50 hours class work (2hour lessons, twice a week), 10 hours cultural activities (visits to museums, historical sites, films sessions etc).
Language Levels: A2, B1, B2, C1, C2. Students who are below the minimum required level can follow A1 level online courses. Courses are held during both the first and second semesters:
- first semester: October - December
- second semester: March - June
- Special Courses for International Exchange Programs
- Upon request, the Language Center also provides ad hoc courses tailored to the needs of Universities which stipulate special Exchange or Cooperation Programs with the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. Presently there are special courses of this sort with universities from Australia, the United States and China. These courses may vary in length and level and can get official university accreditation. For more information about these Special Courses please contact the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The courses and facilities of the Language Center are generally free and open to University students (undergraduates and postgraduates) and researchers studying as part of an Overseas Research Programs at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. External students can be admitted to regular Italian language courses at the cost of € 350,00 per person, per course.