You are there: Home » Entry Visa and stay in italy » How to register as temporary population in MODENA

How to register as temporary population in MODENA

The EU Exchange student who stays in Italy for more than 90 days is required to register as temporary population (Popolazione temporanea) with the Registry Office (Ufficio Anagrafe) of the municipality where he/she intends to live.

Applicants must:

  1. Fill in and print the form "Richiesta temporanei comunitari" that they can also find on the website of Modena Registry Office;
  2. Buy a €16.00 revenue stamp (marca da bollo) at a tobacconist’s and apply it on the form;
  3. Write the date when the application will be sent to the Registry Office of the municipality: the date can be written in the blank space between the revenue stamp and the paper;
  4. Send the form with the required documents to the email address

Documents to attach (in pdf format):

  1. Identity Card (front and back Valid sides) or passport;
  2. Acceptance letter from UNIMORE and/or Student Card;
  3. Front and back sides of the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) or private health insurance of at least 1 year of validity;
  4. Accommodation contract or a document proving that the Applicant has an accommodation;
  5. "Dichiarazione di possesso delle risorse economiche", that is the declaration stating the Applicant has the economic funds to cover his/her staying period in Italy, duly filled in.

In order to receive the Certificate of registration as temporary population, Applicants will be required to pay €16.50 through PagoPA. The certificate will be sent by email within 30 days from the request.